Chicken Pox Immunity In Newborn Babies?

My wife gave birth last Friday and on the same day our 2 year old son showed the first signs of (what has since been confirmed as) Chicken Pox. My wife had Chicken Pox as a child (and therefore now has lifetime immunity) and we have been told by several healthcare professionals that her immunity will have been... show more My wife gave birth last Friday and on the same day our 2 year old son showed the first signs of (what has since been confirmed as) Chicken Pox.

My wife had Chicken Pox as a child (and therefore now has lifetime immunity) and we have been told by several healthcare professionals that her immunity will have been passed on to the new baby. What these healthcare professions cannot agree on is how long this immunity will last in the baby (opinions range from 24hrs to 12 months!) Can anyone confirm?

Should we try to keep our 2 year old away from the new baby (easier said than done) or is he safe?