Christians: When you vent your frustrations at anyone who criticises Jesus...?

...or your Christian beliefs, do you ever consider this:-

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Matthew 26:52

*Deathly silence*

@ Jeannie: So you are saying that Jesus contradicts himself?

@ mrs: I am glad you liked the question, I am not criticising anything, just asking a question. If they have a picture of me it is probably as inaccurate as their picture of God. The question isn't meaningless to them, they just don't like the ramifications.

@ october skies: I wasn't putting down any beliefs, just stating what Jesus commanded and you have clearly broken that by drawing your sword at me. Also, you make assumptions about my knowledge of scripture, just like you make assumptions about the nature of your God.

@ star: You obviously don't know the meaning of the story. Jesus was saying that he needs no one to defend him. The sword is symbolic of "fighting".

Favorite Answer

I don't vent my frustrations at people who critisize Jesus, I try to have a civilised debate.

Unfortunatly, they often don't know how to debate properly and just send a huge wave of

ad hominems. Then I get annoyed.

When we become Christian, we become part of a new family.

When I became Christian, I became part of the body of Jesus Christ,

like a cell in that body, just as you have many cells.

Now think about a family. Think about your own body. Does it

allow attack? Isn't there an immune system? Think about

a family, blood family as the analogy.

Isn't it true that family can say things WITHIN their family,

but someone without better NOT say anything?

Think about the family of Christ. Do you ever allow your family

to be attacked? Part of our witness is to 'defend the faith',

to be as 'good soldiers' for Christ.

Now, taking a sword is called harming, hurting, violence. A Christian

can defend without any of that. I can say to someone 'Why are

you calling down My Lord and Savior? Do you know that in Muslim

countries you would be killed for that?' That is just truth, getting

the person to be reasonable in my presence.

I never allow it, because He is My Shepherd, My Savior,

and if I allowed it, I would be being mute, denying Christ.

So, it is HOW we do this. Jesus said 'LOVE your enemies'

and that is profound, that changes everything. Think about

what would happen in war if we did that!!! But no one said

this was...easy, did they? But worth it? Has been for me.

I do not vent any frustrations on anyone. I do have any frustrations. When on the rare occasion I do it is usually connected to work. And I handle that at work. When someone criticises my beliefs I don't get frustrated, I get sad. Because they do not understand. That being said here is a verse for you, Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

• Jesus vented His frustrations to the Pharisees and to Hid own disciples. Nothing wrong with venting some frustrations. it is wrong however to pull a sword out and slice off someones ear.

I don't "vent my frustrations at anyone who criticises Jesus..."

It took 16 long years for the good news to finally make sense and become salvation for me/to me.

I CANNOT expect others to see things MY way. I wait 'til they see things Jesus' way...

Blessings,

This is a rubbish question, just to criticise what you don't agree with. You make no sense truly.

You do know the deathly silence could be cos people just have a certain picture of you in their heads which makes the question meaningless to them. There I said it. Now make me a cup of tea. Do it!

• star

you obviously don't know the difference bet. taking a sword vs venting one's frustrations.

• Lynn

I know. That's why I dont care what other people say about Jesus or religion.

its more like venting our frustrations at people like you, for wanting to put down our belifes by showing us scriptures that you have no knowledge about.

make assumptions about my god ? there is no need to make any assumptions moron when you have god in your life there is no such thing as assumption. If you dont understand religion and how it works stop writing your bullshit on a forum.

Why do atheists and antichristians tell christians not to complain when they ***,mock,blaspheme,misquote or misuse scripture,etc.?

Source(s): Posted many times on R&S.