Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 7 years ago

What is wrong with Yahoo Answers' Spellchecker?

Every time I write a question or leave an answer here I use proper English and proper spelling, just as I am now.

However, every time, I get the Spell Checker Pop-Up telling me that every word I have written is misspelled. "Oops! It looks like you have 48 misspelling(s)".

It's really starting to get on my nerves, as how am I supposed to know if I actually do spell something wrong, if it thinks that every word is wrong? (Hmm...it looks like you have a lot of punctuation. (90).

This can't just be happening to me, can it? (99)

Favorite Answer

It's a bug! (3)

• Neil

It's something that Yahoo doesn't seem to be concerned with. It's been like this for ages. Proper English and spelling aside, you're okay until you spell one word incorrectly. After that, it counts every word.

It is happening to me also, but i haven't opened spell checker to see what it suggests.(17 misspellings)

• MYOB

When you have typed in 48 words it will come up with 48 misspellings. If you type in many words' and it comes' up with less then you have typed something wrong.Click on open spell checker and it will show you wrong word.

Don't feel bad it is usually 273 errors for me! It just wants to make us look stupid. And try not to take it personally when people use you for target practice there are some good people here if you sift through the coals you might find a few diamonds!

it does that to me too . other times it corrects a word but shifts it right one space and adds the end letter twice likethiss .

• zuma

Uh, does Yahoo Answers have a Spell Checker? It must only work for some.