How can we back out of this adoption? I feel kind of guilty...?

My DH and I are going through the adoption process again and we came into a little problem. We met the BM (Paige) though our minister, she's only 17 and seemed excited about us adopting the baby. She supposedly became pregnant after being assaulted by her step-dad. Well, yesterday she gave birth, we were in the... show more My DH and I are going through the adoption process again and we came into a little problem. We met the BM (Paige) though our minister, she's only 17 and seemed excited about us adopting the baby. She supposedly became pregnant after being assaulted by her step-dad. Well, yesterday she gave birth, we were in the room with her and low and behold the baby was black! Her Scandinavian step-father is certainly not the daddy. Her mother is so upset, she stormed out. We do still feel bad for Paige, she has no other family for support but we certainly understand why her mother would be angry. But while we feel sympathy we are at an impasse. We aren't prejudice at all, in fact some of our friends are black but my DH, DS and I all have blonde hair, fair skin and blue eyes. We were expecting this child to be the same, just like her parents. If we were to adopt this child everyone would know she was adopted or else think I cheated on my husband! Also the child would one day realize she didn't look like the rest of the family and may come to the conclusion they were adopted. This dear child just doesn't fit in with our plans or our family. DH and I decided it's best not to continue with the adoption, but feel like we're letting Paige down. She has no other family to support her other than the mother, we feel sympathy but at the same time we feel she should have been honest with us from the beginning. Should we offer to help her find another adoptive family for the baby?
Update: Dena K-aren't you clever. However my name is a spin off the Fleetwood Mac song, Rhiannon. My parents were big fans however my older sister was named Shannon and they thought having daughters with rhyming names would be too cutesy. They combined it with my grandmother's name (Anna) and that's what they... show more Dena K-aren't you clever. However my name is a spin off the Fleetwood Mac song, Rhiannon. My parents were big fans however my older sister was named Shannon and they thought having daughters with rhyming names would be too cutesy. They combined it with my grandmother's name (Anna) and that's what they got. And "angelbaby" is for a miscarried child. And I'm sorry I didn't get the memo on there being an age limit for "LOL". Nice try playing internet detective though dear.
Update 2: Good Lord you people can't read. Her mother wasn't upset about the baby being bi-racial, she was upset that the baby was bi-racial after Paige accused her Caucasian step-father of raping her. So it sure doesn't look like Paige was too honest does it? And dear old stepdad is in a world of legal trouble... show more Good Lord you people can't read. Her mother wasn't upset about the baby being bi-racial, she was upset that the baby was bi-racial after Paige accused her Caucasian step-father of raping her. So it sure doesn't look like Paige was too honest does it? And dear old stepdad is in a world of legal trouble now for no real reason. And anyway it wouldn't be an incest baby if he did. They aren't related.
Update 3: And it's a private adoption, BTW.