Will a female Betta co-exist with Red Eye Tetras?

I want a female Betta. not because of breeding even though yes i would like to in the future – but because I have only had male Crowntails my entire life. well i came home from school Friday to see my grandmother had loaded our other 10 gallon with a colony of Red Eye Tetras which can make or break any chances of... show more I want a female Betta. not because of breeding even though yes i would like to in the future – but because I have only had male Crowntails my entire life.
well i came home from school Friday to see my grandmother had loaded our other 10 gallon with a colony of Red Eye Tetras which can make or break any chances of me getting a female. they aren’t very colorful. they’re like silver and each one has a stripe that’s blue or red. they CAN swim very fast but they practically freak out when not next to the colony. basically, they’re stuck up each others butts.
I don’t want to take a gigantic risk as Slim, my male crowntail, decided to murder my whole Tetra population. and i had about 3 species of tetras in there. he killed them all. e_e
3 answers 3