Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

camera wont turn on (samsung digimax s800)?

couple of days ago got my camera out from its case and tried turning it on, the power button flashed and didnt turn on similar to what it does when theres no life in the batteries so i got some new batterys today but it still doesnt turn on , the lens is stuck out , i have took memory card out still doesnt work i bought it a year or so ago and have used it only a handful of times, i cant find a reset button or anything, i have searched on google and found some forums but none have the answer.

Has anyone else got or had this problem???

• Elvis

it needs repaired by samsung

I have a Samsung digimax D103

It sounds like a battery problem, before i bought my rechargeable battery's (2800mAh Ni-Mh) 7dayshop.com I used to have a similar problem to you

Some battery's are just not powerful enough..Even brand new ones

Every-ready silver battery's that i bought from my local shop wouldn't even power up the lens

Get the most powerful batteries that you can this should solve your prob :)

properly i'm uncertain why it won't activate. i'm hoping you're employing rechargeable NiMh AA batteries, because of fact they are the excellent and on your budget thank you to capacity the cam (notwithstanding you may desire to purchase the batteries + charger first). examine the consumer instruction manual that got here with the cam or perchance circulate on your interior sight digicam save or samsung broking to inspect. you need to have a 12 month guarantee with the digicam so examine with Samsung approximately guarantee information.

• Check that you have the batteries in the right way round.