I am only a fourteen year old female, but I think I might suffer from BPD. I took this test that tells you whether you are at risk for any personality disorder, and it said I was extremely high risk for BPD and Avoidant Personality Disorder. I have done my research. I know it is very, very risky to diagnose a teenager with a personality disorder, but do you think I might have one?
- I'm shy, although I wasn't as a kid. At about 11, I started retreating into a shell.
- I have many friends, but I have hard times meeting new people. It makes me nauseous. The only person I trust is my best friend.
- I want relationships, but all of them (excluding my best friend) are awkward, and I get angry when people don't live up to my expectatioins.
- I'm open-minded, but I hate ignorance. It makes me angry, and my anger is VERY hard to control.
- My relationship with my parents is horrible, especially with my mom. They are very blunt and hurt my feelings.
- Somedays I feel totally depressed, but sometimes I feel super happy and hyper. It never lasts long.
- My aunt is bipolar. I realize this isn't the same, but could it be related?