Well it seems my current laptop is on the way out. Errors and problems are piling up and it's seriously getting on my nerves.
Normally I'd just order another HP laptop, but I've really not been happy with their customer service lately. The thing is that I'm a little out of date on all the other manufactures and I'm not sure who to go with instead.
What I want is a couple of suggestions for a good company to get my new laptop from. There are a few things that the laptop needs to do, however, that may limit the suggestions.
1. The laptop is my primary computer, and hence needs to be capable of gaming as well as browsing.
2. An improved graphics card (or the option of customizing to one) is a must.
3. Switchable graphics (like HP uses) is something I'm hoping to avoid, it just complicates keeping your drivers up-to date.
4. It needs to be a PC laptop.
5. I don't need a fancy form factor, but I prefer at least a 15" monitor.
6. I'm not incredibly concerned about the price, but if the brand is expensive I want to get my money's worth, I'm not interested in buying a brand just to say I have the brand.
7. I don't need to to be so thin that it makes a paper-back look bulky. Thicker cases are fine.
8. And the battery pack needs to be replaceable. In my last search I discovered that a few laptop companies were integrating their batteries to be non-removable. Since I always end up replacing the batter at least once before getting a new laptop, that is not acceptable.