Posted a few minutes ago:
"everyone knows viruses change but what most don't know without study is viruses change due to a 'loss' of information there is not one case of mutation resulting in new information..and these changes are usually more damaging than helpful.."
How do creationists define "new information"?
* increased genetic variety in a population? It has been observed and documented (see, for example, Lenski, R. E., 1995. Evolution in experimental populations of bacteria. In: Population Genetics of Bacteria, Society for General Microbiology, Symposium 52, S. Baumberg et al., eds., Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, pp. 193-215.).
* increased genetic material? It has been observed and documented (see, for example, Alves, M. J., M. M. Coelho and M. J. Collares-Pereira, 2001. Evolution in action through hybridisation and polyploidy in an Iberian freshwater fish: a genetic review. Genetica 111(1-3): 375-385.).
* novel genetic material? It has been observed and documented (see, for example, Knox, J. R., P. C. Moews and J.-M. Frere, 1996. Molecular evolution of bacterial beta-lactam resistance. Chemistry and Biology 3: 937-947.).
* novel genetically-regulated abilities? It has been observed and documented (see, for example, Prijambada, I. D., S. Negoro, T. Yomo and I. Urabe, 1995. Emergence of nylon oligomer degradation enzymes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO through experimental evolution. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61(5): 2020-2022.).
* Another definition? Let's have it. The question is in this category because the claim was posted here.