- 450Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 234Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 542Upvotes of all answers to this question
What are her qualifications? She was so unpopular in the democratic primary. I'd say even insignificant. Why not bernie sanders?131 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 333Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 124Upvotes of all answers to this questionFavourite answer:
The JW BJ. Gives an 8-point answer and I would like to look at those points one by one.
(1) They will call you crazy: Wrong BJ, we don’t call you crazy we call you deluded.
(2) They will gossip about you: Kingdom halls are hotbeds of Gossip and you know it. But to be quite honest I have got better things to do with my time than to fill it up gossiping about JW’s.
(3) They will say you’re in a cult: That is because you are members of a man-made multi, billion-dollar publishing organization that controls every aspect of your lives, even to what you should wear. You are enslaved by the concept that it is God’s organization. The problem with that is such an organization is found nowhere in the Bible.
(4) They will despise you: Bit rich that. The watchtower society has taken hatred to a whole new level. Anyone who no longer accepts your teachings are labelled ‘Apostate’.
“Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are APOSTATES.” (Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock p.94)
Notice the part about “teachings CONTRARY to Bible truth AS TAUGHT by Jehovah's Witnesses”.
So, what is their organization’s advice about such people, how should the JW react to them?
Let’s see what advice the JW leadership gives to the rank and file JW’s.
"The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are INTENSLY HATING you".
(WT 1992 July 15 pp 12-13).
"True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "FEEL A LOATHING" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance."
(WT 1993 November 1st p.19).
Apostates are ‘MENTALLY DISEASED’ (WT 2011 July 15th P.11).
“in order to hate what is bad a Christian MUST HATE THE PERSON with whom the badness is inseparably linked”. (Watchtower 1961 July 15 p.420).
I don’t really think you can lecture us on the term despising BJ.
(5) They will say you're taking it to far: So, to shun someone, cutting them off from their social network and destroying families in the process, even to the point of driving people to suicide while at the same time calling this Christian love isn’t taking it to far then?
Condemning people to death through a totally unbiblical teaching on refusing Blood transfusions. Isn’t taking it to far then? Wake up
(6) They will say you're taking the Bible out of context: That’s because you are! in many places, Out off the 31,102 verses in the Bible, your organization zero’s in on single verses taken totally out of context on which to build your doctrines.
(7) But what they won't do, is prove you wrong: You mean like in the cases of failed prophecy, where your organization has falsely predicted the end of the world 20 times and all FAILED. So you weren’t wrong then?
(8) Men lie, woman lie, but scriptures don't lie: But is it not true that
Jehovah's Witnesses are told that they are in "theocratic warfare" or "spiritual warfare" with the world. This warfare includes the strategy that being misleading, or even lying, is acceptable in situations where such dishonesty furthers the organisation's interests.
"Of course, being truthful does not mean that we are obligated to divulge all information to anyone who asks it of us. Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine”. (Awake! 2000 Feb 8 p.21).32 AnswersReligion & Spirituality1 day ago
- 565Upvotes of all answers to this question
I'm personally a democrat, but I am absolutely against AOC and the other younger democrats who say "cancel all student debt". I think it is completely unfair to use public tax payer money to eliminate private individual debt. I also don't think it is fair for all the parents and kids who worked multiple jobs to pay for college to see kids just have college loans canceled for free.
What do you think?176 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 140Upvotes of all answers to this question
Now that Hank Aaron is dead (rest in well deserved peace, sir), who's Baseball's greatest living player?
Personally, I'll go with Willie Mays.66 AnswersBaseball2 days ago
- 104Upvotes of all answers to this question
If you went to your friends and family saying "Jesus saved me! I've become a Christian!", how would they react?Favourite answer:
I already know how they would react. I used to be a crack cocaine addict when I got out of recovery all of my ex drug buddies looked at me like I was stupid or something.
Well unfortunately they're all dead now nobody changed their way except for one person and they're still alive40 AnswersReligion & Spirituality2 days ago
- 767Upvotes of all answers to this question
Many of his Executive Orders and Executive Actions on his first day are geared towards aiding Foreigners at the expense of America.
Per the New York Times:
5 of those Executive Orders or Actions favored Illegal Immigrants over Americans.
1 restarts letting people from designated terrorist nations back into the USA.
He revoked the Keystone Oil Pipeline putting thousands of Americans out of work and making us more dependent on foreign countries for our fossil fuels.91 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 70Upvotes of all answers to this question
I’ve been casually seeing this guy for about 6 months. We live about 1 hour apart. I am feeling used and unappreciated because in that time he has only come to see my at my house 2x, ive made the drive to him over 15 times sometimes very late at night or early morning as we work different schedules. Lately he asks me to bring him food when I come over but never offers to pay for his own meal and usually he has a large order which is such a turn off not even offering to pay me for his own order. He also expects oral sex but never reciprocates or even initiates touching me or any type of foreplay. Do I bring this up with him? I don’t want to embarrass him but I need him to step or I’m done with this.53 AnswersSingles & Dating2 days ago
- 111Upvotes of all answers to this question
For me Coraline wins this one. The "other mother" in that film makes me very uneasy37 AnswersPolls & Surveys2 days ago
- 999+Upvotes of all answers to this questionFavourite answer:
That's usually the fallout of a rigged election. If it was fair and the Dems assisted in the investigation to clear themselves, maybe they would of realized the people didn't really elect him.195 AnswersPolitics4 days ago
- 323Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 102Upvotes of all answers to this questionFavourite answer:
He will have a fight on his hands. We will not be disarmed! That would be unconstitutional! That ammendment was written at a time when ALL weapons were "military grade". It was intended to protect us from a tyrranical government. Take that right away and we are at their mercy! Do not be fooled into giving up our only means of protecting ourselves, our liberty, and our way of life!36 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 41Upvotes of all answers to this question
Wow...was it surreal to see the US flag taken down from capital building by the Trump Mob in Jan. 6th, and replaced by a Trump flag?
And there was this other shocking scene of a Trump mob guy trying to beat a police officer lying on the ground with an American flag attached to a flag pole.
My GOD !!!12 AnswersPolitics8 hours ago
- 12Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 106Upvotes of all answers to this question28 AnswersPolitics20 hours ago
- 42Upvotes of all answers to this question
Why are they trying to convict Donald Trump instead of just ending the Trump presidency and letting us move on?Favourite answer:
he's already impeached. now it's up to the senate to confirm and convict him. the idea is to never have him run from office again. as rumors state he'll try to do so again next term.26 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 62Upvotes of all answers to this question
Why has Biden signed more executive orders in his first three days than Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton *combined* in their first three days?Favourite answer:
Because out of their hatred for the USA they want to wipe out anything that was done to help us. Just like they wipe out our history by knocking down statues of historical figures that had ideals they disagree with. If they wipe out everything they don't like, they feel like they win. Even if it means changing the history books to suit their vision of the world. They will not rest until they have totally destroyed this country.25 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 13Upvotes of all answers to this question